The Australian Standards recommend a termite inspection at least every 12 months. Call our specialist technicians now to arrange a free inspection and quote. Don’t delay, ring Pest Control North Brisbane (PCNB) today on 1300 442 978.
We do pre-purchase inspections, standard termite inspections, termite treatments, preventative treatments, and we will provide free expert advice to assist you in making an informed decision about what is best to protect your home. We at PCNB understand that your home is a lifetime investment for most people, and we are happy to advise you on how to protect it.
Destroying your home one bite at a time. Termites, or white ants as they are sometimes referred to, are pests that can eat away at your woodwork (even a steel frame home has skirting boards). If you identify one of these pests it is natural to look for more in your home or yard and try to find the source. Disturbing them, however, could make the situation much worse, and make treatment more complicated. This is where it is very important to call the experts at PCNB. to help protect your house. We are professionals and know exactly how to find their entry points, commence treatment and advise you the best possible course of action going forward.
Some of the tell-tale signs that you may have termites include, hollow sounding/changes to the timber, the noise of insects moving about in walls, discolouration/peeling of paint, and of course seeing the termites themselves. If you suspect you may have termites, give PCNB a call immediately so we can help protect you before the problem gets worse on 1300 442 978.
SOME HELPFUL HINTS…….
- Begin treatment as soon as possible if you have an infestation. The longer you leave it the worse the problem can become (However, a few days to make an informed and calm decision will benefit you, and not have a major impact on the damage).
- Eliminate entry points for more termites to enter your home and keep piles of debris/gardens/clutter away from the external walls of your home to prevent further termites attacks.
- Keep your children and pets away from termite infested areas. This is particularly important if any treatment has begun. (We will advise you how best to handle this)
- Seal any cracks or fill them. The exterior, especially rooves/structural timbers, windows and doors, are important to fix after a treatment has been carried out.
- Assume all termite treatments are treated the same. There are many options which depend on your specific situation/house and vary in their odour, toxicity and effectiveness.
- Attempt any treatments of your own, the treatment must reach the nest in the soil. Surface treatments/disturbances will only make them close off that area and come up somewhere else. You could end up making the situation worse.
- Think that the problem will sort itself out. No matter what termite infestation you have they will continue to feed, and the longer it is left they will do more damage.